Date: November 1
A 6 month internship to work with Cork’s Space for Science.
CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory is a non-profit visitor centre that is home to a working research observatory, space science exhibit and workshop programme. The facility also operates a dynamic outreach agenda.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for science and astronomy to work with us on maintaining and increasing our online presence.
You will have responsibility for the general running of the social media platforms from creating and uploading content on a regular basis to developing and managing digital and social media campaigns
Key responsibilities include:
• Execute daily tasks of social media strategy across identified digital platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Blogs etc.); including publishing content, performing enhancements and modifications’ and providing prompt responses to questions and comments over social media platforms.
• Development of interactive engaging and entertaining social media content based on astronomy, science and BCO events.
• Strategically monitor & report on relevant social media
• Provide input into the further development of our social media strategy
• Keep BCO up to date with the latest technologies; including researching and evaluating a variety of online social media tools to identify new opportunities
• Creating content and copy for mailshots to schools, newsletters etc
• Shoot and edit videos as part of a multimedia communication strategy
• Support marketing events
• Other Marketing activities and projects
To apply: send your CV and a cover letter to Clair McSweeney by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place immediately