At CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory we offer 21st century technology in a memorable 16th century castle set in a stunning location overlooking Cork Harbour. The Castle is located only 15 minutes from Cork City Centre or the Jack Lynch Tunnel and has ample parking adjacent to the venue. You can find directions here.
Meeting Room Options
We have two options for meeting rooms:
- MakeSpace (max capacity of 35 people)
- Theatre (max capacity of 50 people).
All of our rooms include complimentary Wi-Fi, air conditioning, projector and screen with additional AV equipment hire and technical support, if desired.
- Capacity: 50 people seated cinema style
- Rate: €250 per 2 hour session, €50 per hour after that. Excludes VAT at 23%.
- Features a cinema-sized screen that can be configured to display custom content
- We can provide AV equipment including a high resolution data projector system in the Cinema to be used with a computer/laptop or a DVD player and 5.1 surround sound.
- 16 LCD screens (can be configured to display the same content as that being projected on the main screen)
- Capacity: 35 seated, 50 standing
- Rate: €155 half day rental / €250 full day rental excludes 23% VAT.
- Interactive whiteboard.
- Telephone access.
- We can provide AV equipment including a high resolution data projector system.
- This room can be set-up as boardroom, classroom or theatre style.
Exclusive Use of Blackrock Castle (Full Day)
- Capacity: 100 people
- Rate: €925 for up to 6 hours of exclusive day rental excludes 23% VAT. Charitable exemptions apply.
- Technical support is €50/hour if required.
- Maximum capacity: 100
Enjoy drinks & canapés on our lower turret (weather dependent) or at our historic fireplace lobby.
Max capacity of 50 people for 2 hours.
€200 venue hire & hospitality rates are as follows:
- 10-15 people €175
- 16-25 people €240
- 26-40 people €350
- 40-50 people €450
- A bar can be set up in the castle for groups in excess of 20 people with a minimum bar spend of €250. Alternatively for smaller groups drinks can be brought from the Castle Café over to the Castle.