From kids to teens, a visit to BCO has loads of fun, interaction, exploration and history for every family and every visitor. Wondering what you can do with your crew? Here’s some of what’s popular at BCO by age group.
Visiting with Teens
- Use cinema sized video screens to explore the formation of the Universe and how life developed on Earth.
- Play The Comet Chaser in Ireland’s first interactive theatre and virtually save the Earth.
- Visit CIT stations to see the telescope and research activities at the Observatory
- Send an email to Space at the Pan Galactic Station and track its navigation!
- Meet Cosmo the virtual astronaut, and develop and share your theories on alien life.
Visiting with Kids
- Visit the Planetarium and “stay up all night” to see the stars
- Get hands-on in the SFI Discover Zone with magnets, motion and more
- Meet Cosmo, our friendly virtual astronaut
- Become part of the sundial in the Courtyard (sunshine needed!)
- Can you find our location on our giant map on the Harbour Terrace?
- Explore the dungeon and hear the cannon fire
Access to all of the above is included in admission to BCO, with discounted tickets for children and families! »TICKETS
Visiting with School Groups:
BCO runs special programmes at discounted rates for school groups from pre-school through secondary school. If you’re a teacher interested in organising an educational trip to BCO, please see Discovery: Education at BCO for information.